Location and Ownership of the Site
The site is located at SD921182 just north of the A58 Rochdale to Halifax Road about 1 mile from Littleborough. It is next to what was the Rochdale Union Workhouse opened in 1877. The Workhouse became Birch Hill Hospital and is now largely closed. The site of the brickworks is on greenbelt land and (at the time of the excavation) is mainly owned by Mr Peter Hogan of Bank Barn Farm Wardle.
|Romans in Littleborough|
|Blackstone Edge Roman Road|
|Map of Coal Mines and Brick, Tile and Pipe Works|
|E Shackleton - Coal trader|
|Starring Clay and Coal Mine|
|Roll of Honour|