Littleborough’s History

Littleborough Co-operative Society of Industry  - House Building

1868 tendered for 37 cottages on Bare Hill St with the smaller streets going off named after the original land owners (Leah, Newall, Jerrold, Smith & Nelson)


1869 - It was now building a block of 40 cottages, one half of which are already let to expectant tenants.


(Bare Hill Street pictured left)



Wellington Terrace on Lodge Street (right) was also

built  in 1869